Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Scale

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kkornocksr
615 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing Scale

I have an Inventor drawing, in which an Isometric view at 1:2 scale was the first view placed. Then multiple orthographic views at scale 3:4 were placed. Since the orthographic views are the majority of the drawing, I would like the drawing scale to read 3:4, but since the Isometric view was the first placed, it shows 1:2. I have gone into Custom iProperties, and manually changed it there to 3:4, but when I close and reopen the drawing, it changes back to 1:2. I could delete the first Isometric view & re-place it, thus making the Orthographic views the first placed, but I was was wondering if there is another way to do this? I tried to move the Isometric view lower in the tree, but it will not allow me to do so.    Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: kkornocksr

Seems to me that the simple solution might be to delete the iso view and then the second view would become the driving view for the title block.

Then just place the iso view back in at the desired scale.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
kkornocksr
in reply to: Cadmanto

That's what I assumed, but since I had balloons & notes attached, I was hoping there was another way. I have done what you suggested, and it corrected my problem, but again, I was hoping there was another way to do it.

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

There might be.  Including maybe some iLogic routine, but if time is of the esense, this was the quickest way I could think of.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 6
karthur1

If the view has text, balloons, dimensions.... etc. that you want to keep, try this.  Make a new sheet in the idw.  Activate the sheet with the view you want to move. select it in the browser and drag the view to the new sheet (you will see dark horizontal line in the browser). Now in the new sheet, drag the view back to original sheet (again, you will see the dark line in the browser).  It will be placed at the bottom of the model tree when it comes back in.

Its a little more work, but it might save some time in the long run.

Kirk

Message 6 of 6
IgorMir

The quickest way is not to show a drawing scale in the Title Block. Put NTS in the cell where scale factor normally goes. That way you will never have any trouble with someone scaling your drawing with a tape measure.

Best Regards,

Igor.

@kkornocksr wrote:

That's what I assumed, but since I had balloons & notes attached, I was hoping there was another way. I have done what you suggested, and it corrected my problem, but again, I was hoping there was another way to do it.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report