Inventor General

samueldhyams
Message 1 of 5 (304 Views)
Accepted Solution

Drawing Disappeared, need help to recover.

304 Views, 4 Replies
12-07-2012 04:01 AM

Hi there,

I'm a Graphics teacher and my students have been drawing object for their end of year projects on Inventor 11, one of the boys was drawing and then his work disappeared. It's all still in the side panel so its still there, but the Zoom All tool does nothing and all of the objects visibilty is on as well. Its stumped all of the teachers here and its probably really simple as well, any suggestions?

I've attached the drawing if that helps?

Thanks

Sam

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 5 (303 Views)

Re: Drawing Disappeared, need help to recover.

12-07-2012 04:23 AM in reply to: samueldhyams

First, this is a model not a drawing...

It appears that there is something radically wrong with sketch 16 at the bottom of the model tree.  Deleting this sketch brought the model back into visibility.  There is a parameter, d92 associated with that sketch which has a very strange value, see attached.

par.JPG

Not sure what the intent was since I can't get the sketch to show up.  however, deleting this sketch seems to repair the model.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

sarah.chan
Message 3 of 5 (226 Views)

model disappeared in assembly

01-31-2013 11:57 AM in reply to: samueldhyams

I'm having a similar issue and am wondering if someone can hekp me out.  I used the orbit command and the entire assembly disappeared.  However, when I double clicked on a sub-assembly in the browser, the sub-assembly would appear but when I double clicked the entire assembly in the browser, the entire assembly disappears again.  I checked the model paramters and everything looks OK. Very fustrating.

*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)

Re: model disappeared in assembly

01-31-2013 10:53 PM in reply to: sarah.chan

System specs, sounds more like a hardware issue. Does selecting the home icon bring it back?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 up1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 335.23
SpacePilot Pro 3.17.7, 6.17., 4.11
sarah.chan
Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)

Re: model disappeared in assembly

02-01-2013 08:05 AM in reply to: blair
Not in this case.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube