Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Dimensions and iPart

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MaxOtis
878 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing Dimensions and iPart

I know this question has been asked a few times, but I can't find a solution to this.

I am aware that when making a drawing of an iPart, there is no dimensions to be retrieve. But is there any other way to automaticaly show dimensions when creating a drawing ?

I know that I can make appear a table with the dimensions, but I would prefer showing the dimensions on the actual view.

I am using Inventor LT 2012, but if there is a solution requiring the full version (iLogic ?) I will considere buying it.

Thank you

Max Otis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
n.shaikh
in reply to: MaxOtis

Hi Max, I am also looking for a method to create dimensions automatically. If you have found the solution please post it.

Regards

Naim

Naim Shaikh
Message 3 of 7
MaxOtis
in reply to: n.shaikh

Hello Naim,

I haven't found anything yet unfortunately,

But I am still looking.

Regards,

Max

Message 4 of 7
MaxOtis

Still looking for a solution.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Max Otis

Message 5 of 7
IgorMir

Hi Max,

The idea is - to dimension the drawing views manually. How hard is that, really? Once the first iPart is fully documented - creating follow up drawings is a matter of a few clicks. All the dimensions will be there. Well, some cleaning might require afterwards but that depends on a complexity of the follow up iParts.

I don't really believe there is a magic button in Inventor which will allow you to get it all done automatically.

Regards,

Igor.

@MaxOtis wrote:

Still looking for a solution.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Max Otis

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 6 of 7
MaxOtis
in reply to: IgorMir

I don't see the point if it is hard or not,

By doing, anybody without draft skills (ie a seller who need a drawing for a quote) could simply select an ipart and print it.

It would also make the drawings more standard and remove the human error factor (forget some dimensions etc..)

If we can get driven dimensions change automatically by changing ipart in a model, I don't understand why the equivalent wouldn't be available in a dwg.

Maybe ILogic is needed ? I"ll go take a look on the iLogic forum.

Regards,

Max Otis

Message 7 of 7
MaxOtis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report