Inventor General

Preyno
Message 1 of 4 (242 Views)

Dowels in Holechart

242 Views, 3 Replies
11-28-2012 08:06 AM

Hi,

Autocad user here trying to get to grips with Inventor..

My problem is when creating dowels in my models they show up the same as normal drilled holes in the hole chart.

I know I can create a symbol to drop over them (have done this for now) but its the holechart that I really need help with. We make parts with many different hole types and trying to sort dowel holes from drill holes is very time consuming and most importantly leaves room for error which can be very costly in our business (machine tool design & manufacture).

Anybody know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Mentor
RobJV
Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)

Re: Dowels in Holechart

11-29-2012 04:59 PM in reply to: Preyno

probably not the best solution but one off the top of my head - you could simply extrude the holes for dowels and use the hole command for drilled holes.

Only problem (probably a large problem) is no hole table will be created for dowels.

Rob

Preyno
Message 3 of 4 (197 Views)

11-30-2012 01:26 AM in reply to: RobJV

Thanks for your reply Rob, I dont think that will really help with our hole table description problem, oh well back to manual editing :smileysad: .

*Pro
sbixler
Message 4 of 4 (173 Views)

11-30-2012 05:44 PM in reply to: Preyno

Are your dowel holes the same size as the drilled holes?  Only if they're the same nominal size as other holes will they roll up together.  Can you post a sample drawing that illustrates the problem?  I won't suggest that there isn't a lot of room for improvement in Inventor hole charts, but your problem might still be solvable.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube