Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dowel Pin auto placement

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rnewcomb
635 Views, 5 Replies

Dowel Pin auto placement

Looking to place a dowel pin in multiple holes and want to have it place them all at once instead of one pin at a time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rnewcomb
in reply to: rnewcomb

Or even a way to copy multiple or constrain multiple or something that would help not having to place one pin at a time, There's gotta be something, come on this is version 2014

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr

This is how "autodesk" thinks it should be done..

http://docs.autodesk.com/INVPRO/2010/ENU/Autodesk%20Inventor%202010%20Help/index.html?url=WS1a919382...

This is the functionality Autodesk should have added years ago.. Its WELL worth the $25.00

http://www.kwikmcad.com/icode/KWiKSert_64/KWiKSert_64.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
rnewcomb
in reply to: mcgyvr

I cannot figure out how to multiple place dowels, but it will bolts. How stupid, such a simple thing that should be simple and not so time consuming. UGH!!

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

@rnewcomb wrote:

I cannot figure out how to multiple place dowels, but it will bolts. How stupid, such a simple thing that should be simple and not so time consuming. UGH!!

Yep.. I don't know why they didn't make it as simple as that kwiksert addin thats been around for YEARS and just works perfect.

I suggested a while back they add the kwiksert functionality to the constrain tool. Its just stupid IMO to force us to have to use content center to place multiple components quickly like that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
4donwan4

Please post this request in the Ideas station as this is a product limitation at this time. Hopefully others will want the functionality and this will get tractions from here.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report