Inventor General

Valued Mentor
Message 1 of 3 (463 Views)
Accepted Solution

Do I need to migrate Custom Inventor Material Library from 2013 to 2014

463 Views, 2 Replies
08-28-2013 08:41 AM

I created a custom Inventor Material Library using Inventor 2013.  I want to use that library in Inventor 2014.  I renamed the "out of the box" Inventor 2014 Material Library and copied the Inventor 2013 Custom Inventor Material library to the shared network location we use for our Inventor styles library.  I am able to to see our custom Inventor material library in Inventor 2014.  DO I NEED TO MIGRATE IT FOR INVENTOR 2014.

What is the proper procedure when you upgrade Inventor and you have a custom Inventor material library?  Do you just copy the custom library to the design data folder and start to use it, or do you use the 'out of the box" Inventor Material Library and copy the custom materials to the that library every year.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Administrator
Follett Corporation
Employee
Message 2 of 3 (444 Views)

Re: Do I need to migrate Custom Inventor Material Library from 2013 to 2014

08-28-2013 01:48 PM in reply to: jweiss

John,

There is no need to migrate an .adsklib file from 2013 to 2014. You can simply copy it in to the desired location & ensure it's referenced from your project settings. Note that once you've written new data to an adsklib file from 2014, you might experience issue if you try to use the exact same file with 2013, though, so ensure you keep your versions separate, if required.

In general, I'd suggest leaving the Inventor library in it's as-shipped form & adding your own custom materials/appearances to your own custom library, as opposed to making changes to the Inventor library.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Enagagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Valued Mentor
Message 3 of 3 (441 Views)

Re: Do I need to migrate Custom Inventor Material Library from 2013 to 2014

08-28-2013 01:50 PM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thanks for the information Chris!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Administrator
Follett Corporation

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube