Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Zoom Home

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gladiator3736
3391 Views, 6 Replies

Disable Zoom Home

I find the automatic Zoom home/extents very annoying when I am added features to a part.  I am right where I want to be when creating the sketch,  When I want to extrude, I want the part to stay where it is on the screen.  Instead the software zooms the part to extents, then I have to soom back in.  I can't seem to find anywhere to disable this.  Any one know where the "OFF" switch is to this thing?

Thanks

DPketch
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi! Try turning off  the following option and see if it helps.

Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Sketch -> uncheck "Look at sketch plane on sketch creation."

The downside of turning it off is you will need to manually look at the sketch on creation or editing.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: gladiator3736

You might also want to RMB on the cube and select options.

ViewCubeOptions.JPG

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 4 of 7
chrisw01a
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

I am having the same issue and would like to disable this feature!  It seems as if neither one of these answers is the solution because mine still does it.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this.

Message 5 of 7
santoshfrediani
in reply to: chrisw01a

Hi there,

I found out that when in sketch mode if you orbit a bit just before exiting sketch mode the view would stay and not zoom back to home. Let me know if that helps.

Cheers

Message 6 of 7

Thanks,  That did the trick

DPketch
Message 7 of 7
gladiator3736
in reply to: chrisw01a

Hey Ray,  the first solution worked for me, but then again I am using inventor 2011 32 bit.

DPketch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report