Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning error in drawing. Inv 2013 pro.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
trumpy81
714 Views, 3 Replies

Dimensioning error in drawing. Inv 2013 pro.

I was just doing some drawings and found a very strange dimension.

See the attached pic. Its the dimension in section J-J (lower Left) It is supposed to be the same as the dimension in Section H-H but as you will see the dimesion it gives is a little strange ... lol

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: trumpy81

No idea what happened there.  However, standard drafting practice is to dimension to centerlines of holes, not to section edges.  That might give a better result.

Message 3 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: trumpy81

Thats a radius dim it putting on the cut edge.  Section J-J is not truly vertical and the view it is cut from in not truly horizontal. Edit the view and rotate it so that the fins are horizontal. Edit the sec line J-J and add a vertical constraint and anchor it to the center of the hole.

Message 4 of 4
trumpy81
in reply to: karthur1

Sam, you are quite correct, in fact I had already added a centerline bisector and re-did both dimensions without error. I just thought it was strange to see such a dimension ... lol

karthur1, I very much doubt that it was picking up a radius, certainly not with that dimension. A 191metre radius is a bit big for these drawings ... lol

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report