Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension in drawing not accurate

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Karol-Or
1301 Views, 9 Replies

Dimension in drawing not accurate

The diametric dimension on the right, dia. 244.9 isn't resembling the real dimension in the weldment.

You see in the sketch of extrusion 2 that i gave an internal diameter of 245.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: Karol-Or

Unable to open your assembly and drawing file but I suspect you have set your dimension styles to 0 decimal places for you drawing.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
Karol-Or
in reply to: blair

no, i didn't set the accuracy in the drawing to 0 decimal places, it is for 1 place.

Some other dimensions in this drawing also became a bit smaller, at about 0.1, like this one.

It seems the part, in the drawing, is shrinked a little in the Y direction.

Also the hatch in the section view is incomplete, it doesn't reach the boundary at a place.

Message 4 of 10
blair

Do a Pack-and-Go to get all the files. Open Windows Explorer and locate the IDW, RMB on the IDW and select the Pack-and-Go to collect all the files and zip them.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
Karol-Or

I made pack and go

Message 6 of 10
blair

Your "Primary Unit" was set to 0 decimal places. The Tolerance was set to multi decimal places.Capture.JPG

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 10
JDMather

Blair - did you check the Sketch2 dimension (I forget whether it was in Prep or Machining) in the Weldment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 10
Karol-Or
in reply to: JDMather

Not the accuracy is the problem, i entered a round 250 diameter dimension in the model, and you can see it if you open the sketch in the part.

All the diametric dimensions in this drawing are shrinked a bit, but not the horizontal dimensions

Message 9 of 10
jtylerbc

@Karol-Or wrote:

All the diametric dimensions in this drawing are shrinked a bit, but not the horizontal dimensions

Are you sure that your section line on the drawing is passing directly through the center?  If not, that could cause the diameters to appear slightly smaller (since you're not cutting at the full diameter), while not affecting the linear dimensions.

Message 10 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: jtylerbc

@jtylerbc wrote:
Are you sure that your section line on the drawing is passing directly through the center? 

Good catch!

These two holes do not share the same center line.

The cutting plane is 5mm left of the center.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report