Contributor
rgraham817
Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dimension Rotation

140 Views, 2 Replies
12-13-2012 11:37 AM

Hi Everyone

I don't know what I am doing wrong but all I want to do is rotate one dimension. I want to leave all the others alone.

When I am editing my drawing, I double click on the dimension and get the diag box and unfortunately the rotate dimension command along with the degree box is grayed out.

Thanks

Randy

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 2 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: Dimension Rotation

12-13-2012 12:07 PM in reply to: rgraham817

You will have to create another dimension style.

Go to the Styles and Standards Editor on the Manage Tab --> Styles and Standards Panel

In the Dimension Area of the left, create a new dimension style and change the settings for the Text Tab --> Orientaion -->Linear to use an In-Line style.

Then select your dimension on the Format Panel at the end of the Annotate Ribbon Tab, select your new dimension style from the list.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
Contributor
rgraham817
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Dimension Rotation

12-13-2012 12:25 PM in reply to: Mark_Flayler

Thanks Mark

As always, I greatly appreciate the advice.

Very Respectfully

Randy

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube