Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine which components contain the unresolved references

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DRoam
3951 Views, 3 Replies

Determine which components contain the unresolved references

If an assembly contains unresolved file references, when I try to open it Inventor allows me to try and resolve this with the Resolve Link dialog. But if I choose to skip all for whatever reason, once I've opened the assembly there's no easy way for me to see which sub-assembly/assemblies contain the missing reference. I have to expand folders, patterns, assemblies, etc. until I find the one with the little question mark next to it. I prefer to work with unresolved links in this way sometimes because it just makes more sense working with the model than a bunch of file paths and file names in the Resolve Link dialog. But it's nearly impossible with large assemblies where the unresolved links may be burried deep.  

Is there a way to list or somehow see which assemblies contain the unresolved links once I've already opened an assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swhite
in reply to: DRoam

Your unresolved assembly should still show a question mark at the top level, just right-click and choose resolve file. This will take you back to the same option you skipped at start up.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: DRoam

"I prefer to work with unresolved links in this way sometimes because it just makes more sense working with the model than a bunch of file paths and file names in the Resolve Link dialog."

Why would you not edit your Project File to include all the paths. A properly structured Project FIle and Folders will save you time and in the long run.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: blair

Agreed. When I get hit with an unresolved file dialog, I click cancel and fix the problem at the source (the project file).
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums