Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail view with parent dimension

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1122 Views, 3 Replies

Detail view with parent dimension

I have a flat pattern with ordinate set dimension, taken detail from one end

parent view having ordinate dimension from left end and i have taken detail view of right end

i need detail view dimension with same origin dimension as like parent view

please suggest me

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Create detail view of part. Using ordinate set dimensioning dimension your detail view. Take the left-most dimension and double click on it. Click on "Override Displayed Value" and type in correct dimension from normal view. Dimensions in the detail view should update after you click ok. Let me know if that doesn't fix it or wasn't what you were going for.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes your correct, this what I need, I have tried but no use override the one vaule but other dimensions are not getting updated.

Do you mean I need to override every value?

Please suggest.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

All I had to do was update that one dimension and the rest would auto-update based off of that value as a new "origin." Having to manually enter each value would be a work around but is far from a fix.

What version of Inventor are you using? I am using INV Pro 2014 so maybe if you are using an earlier version it is something that they have corrected in the new version and never thought about updating in previous versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report