Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desparate Help needed with translational constrains and Cam Lobes.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kurtanius21
285 Views, 4 Replies

Desparate Help needed with translational constrains and Cam Lobes.

I'm having so much trouble getting my stupid cams and stupid valves to work for a class project. I keep getting conflicting constraint errors when the cams and stems clearly work for a few seconds. If I refresh the constraint, the thing works for like 5 revolutions and then the stops rotating on me and I get the constraint error. How the heck can I get thing thing to work, and stop complaining on me?! Please help.

Here's my cpu btw

intel core2duo 2.8GHz

windows XP SP2

nvidia 9800GT

2gb DDR2 ram.

Enclosed in the folder is the cam, valve, and cylinder head. Try aligning those valves in the cylinder head holes and placing a translational constraint between it and the lobes. It may work, considering the more constraints I have active, the more likely an error pops up.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: kurtanius21

I don't see an assembly file (*.iam).

Many of your sketches are undimensioned, yet when I dimension them they are perfectly sized.

Did you delete the dimensions?  If so, why?  If not, how did you get perfect sizes?

Sketch3 in Intake Valve3 is sick (invalid axis/origin).

I recommend you start here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

and attach the iam file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

It looks like there is a design flaw in this part.

Design Flaw.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
kurtanius21
in reply to: JDMather

I removed the sicknesses from the valves and cylinder head. Here is the enclosed assembly. Let me know if I've included all the necessary parts. I'm new to inventor. The thing still gives me errors. And the error you pointed out in the cylinder head does have volume. The two cut lines do not intersect. I made sure of that. I just want the thing to rotate without giving me all these conflicting rotation errors. Thank you for your time!

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

The Cylinder Head is not grounded.

The Cam is missing.

Design flaw - because the wall thickness is about the same as a sheet of paper at location of major force - the engine is likely to fail on first attempt to start.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report