Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop 2009

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jimlong50
412 Views, 5 Replies

Desktop 2009

Can Mechanical Desktop 2009 be installed with Inventor 2013?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mflayler2
in reply to: jimlong50

Yes,

I have also had it running with 2014.  You just need to make certain your subscription agreement entitles you to the license.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 6
sam_m
in reply to: mflayler2

and if you're talking MDT + Iv2014, then I'm guessing you're on Win7?  or have you got MDT to work with Win8?  just out of interest.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 6
jimlong50
in reply to: sam_m

Yes I am running Windows 7. Our subscription license supports legacy Inventor 2009 files. Do I need to install an older version of Inventor, such as 2012, to be able to install Desktop 2009?

Message 5 of 6
mflayler2
in reply to: jimlong50

I did not have to.  I only had 2013 installed when I put it in.  Now there is a special installer for Inventor 2013 and later.  It is a special MDT2009 installer to do it.  Otherwise it will look for an older Inventor first.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 6
jimlong50
in reply to: mflayler2

Mark,

Thank you for the information. One last question. Where can I download this installer? I have 3 stations that are running Inventor 2014 and one that is still at 2013. I looked on the Autodesk web site but couldn't find anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report