Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ryan.ward1985
250 Views, 4 Replies

Design Styles

Hello

I have made up templates with design styles (line thicknesses etc.).

However, when I try and load these templates up, the design styles dp not load with the template as an error messgae appears. This has been attached.

Can anyone help as I want to open a template up and for it to open with these design styles automatically loaded as default.

I am using Inventor 2012 LT.

Thanks

Ryan

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ryan.ward1985

You need to #1 ensure that "use style library" is set to yes in your project file settings and #2 reopen your template and save those style changes back to the style library. (see manage tab..styles and standards section..save button)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
ryan.ward1985
in reply to: mcgyvr

hello

What is a project file? I do not think that I have a project file.

Thanks

Ryan

Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: ryan.ward1985

A project file is essentially a file containing various settings for Inventor (most of which consist of file paths).  Whether you know it or not, if you are using Inventor, you are using one.  Probably the generic one called "Default" that installs with Inventor, but it's there.

Message 5 of 5

Hi ryan.ward1985, 

Since you are using Inventor LT you will not have a project file, project files are only availiable for the full version of Inventor.

To resolve the situation you have:

• Go to Tools tab and click the Application Options button, the on the File tab of that dialog box make sure the Use Style Library setting is set to Yes (this would be done in the Project file is using the full version of Inventor)
  • Then open the template file by browsing for the template with the Open button  (rather than the New button, which creates a new file based off of the template).
  • Then go to the Manage tab and click the Save (or Save Styles to Styles Library) button found on the Style and Standards panel.
  • Then you can choose the styles that you updated in the template file and push them to the Styles Library file (an XML file that Inventor uses to manage styles)

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report