Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Assitant Taking too much time.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
shrikant.murkute
292 Views, 6 Replies

Design Assitant Taking too much time.

I am working in India on AUtodesk Inevntor Assemlbies which are located on US servers. It takes me 45 - 60 minutes to create Design Assistant of a assembly file. Also it takes more than 5 minutes when i save the .iam or .idw file during operation.

Can Any one help me out to sort out this issue ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: shrikant.murkute

You need to provide more data.... Type of Internet connection? how are you accessing those files/servers (virtual gateway/VNC/remote desktop,etc..)?  are you using Vault?

I would expect what you are seeing is probably normal.

When we were using realVNC Inventor was really slow just working from home 15 minutes down the road from the server as you are pushing a lot of data around. When we switched to remote desktops where my computer at work was doing all the crunching and my home machine was simply displaying the screen and passing keyboard and mouse click is was MUCH faster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
SBix26

Be sure that real-time virus scanning of files excludes Inventor file extensions (.ipt, .iam, .idw/dwg, .ipn) plus lockfile.lck.  Opening a moderate size assembly in DA involves a lot of file activity, and virus scanning slows each one down.

Message 4 of 7
msklein

Design Assitant was always a slow option as it has to build all connections of interconecting files each time you used it. It does not keep or store those links like Vault does. Back when it was the only option i remember files regularly taking 5-10 minutes  or longer in the office to open with all files on server in the office. Your ditance over remote networks does not help, Vault would speed things up quit alot, but the server would have to also have Vault to start with.

MSK

Message 5 of 7
shrikant.murkute
in reply to: mcgyvr

nope i am not using Autodesk Vault.. m working diriectly on my client servers using CISCO WAAS technolgy. How ever at my client end Design assitant takes 5 minutes to create a new .iam file. but for me it takes to much time.. also when i make any changes or replace some components of the assembly file, and then use SAVE option there too it takes close to 5 minutes to save the file.

Message 6 of 7
shrikant.murkute
in reply to: msklein

nope i am not using Autodesk Vault. neither does my client in US. m working diriectly on my client servers using CISCO WAAS technolgy. How ever at my client end Design assitant takes 5 minutes to create a new .iam file. but for me it takes to much time.. also when i make any changes or replace some components of the assembly file, and then use SAVE option there too it takes close to 5 minutes to save the file

Message 7 of 7
shrikant.murkute
in reply to: SBix26

nope i am not using Autodesk Vault.. m working diriectly on my client servers using CISCO WAAS technolgy. How ever at my client end Design assitant takes 5 minutes to create a new .iam file. but for me it takes to much time.. also when i make any changes or replace some components of the assembly file, and then use SAVE option there too it takes close to 5 minutes to save the file

When the same .iam file i copy to my local sever / drive using pack & go option in Inventor it take hardly few minutes to create D.A. or open up a file. The file size usually ranges from 25MB -- 100MB .iam files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report