Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Assistant Freezes Up

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JB45129
398 Views, 3 Replies

Design Assistant Freezes Up

I would like to maintain the links between my ipt and idw files  but when I highlight my ipt and select "Find Files" it just "thinks" until it times out or I have to close out the program.... Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: JB45129

Do you get any "error" message on what you call "times out"?

The design assistant is very slow in finding files because it has to crawl through all files and folders searching for references.
What you could try is making sure you're using a project that limits what folders are being searched through...

What exactly are you trying to do with the design assistant?

I use the design assistant because we don't use Vault, but i've learned to be (very) patient with it.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 4
JB45129
in reply to: -niels-

No error messages yet.  By "times" out I meant the program stops responding.  I am trying to take parts and make slight changes to them for another machine that is very similar and I don't want to lose all the detail work I did in the idws.

Message 4 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: JB45129

Ah ok, well i've had the design assistant saying "not responding" sooo many times.

But that just means it's "not responding", it's still working in the background.

All i can suggest is to be patient and wait it out.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report