Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived surfaces showing in inventor drawing views

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
greghughes
2169 Views, 4 Replies

Derived surfaces showing in inventor drawing views

I have an assembly which is a plated structure

I am using a skeleton file of surfaces to define these plates

I am deriving the required surface/s from this skeleton file into a part file

In the part file I have used thicken to create my plate part. I also turn off the visibility of all derived surfaces in this part

Now in the plate part when I go into edit derived part - the surface I have used is not grayed out showing it has been consumed by my thicken feature???

I place all my part files into an assembly and create views for each part using isolate (I use these views in a drawing which is used for NC plate cutting)

So the problem I am having is that when I place a view in my drawing the derived surfaces are also showing.

I have searched this forum for answers and found a couple of threads. This one http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Bug-Hide-Show-derived-assembly-surfaces-in-DWG/td-p/... that says there is a bug and it’s now been fixed. I am using Inventor 2013 SP1.1 update 2

And this one http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Surfaces-visible-in-IDW/td-p/3612220 also describes the same problem I am having. With the solution being to use the delete face command. I have tried this and it solves my problem.

However I have used this modeling technique for many previous projects on previous versions of inventor and have never had this problem.

As mentioned above I have used isolate to create these views. I have since gone back and created the views by turning off the visibility of all other components and the surfaces do not appear in my drawing views.

Is this a bug in 2013 or has anyone else encountered this problem?

Cheers

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
greghughes
in reply to: greghughes

I need to make a correction to my comment

"As mentioned above I have used isolate to create these views. I have since gone back and created the views by turning off the visibility of all other components and the surfaces do not appear in my drawing views"

This was only applicable for some viewsSmiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: greghughes

Hi

You discovered one of my posts, it has subsequently been resolved.

Follow this thread, see if it solves your issue. (Edit: start from message 9 for the resolution)

If not I will be glad to help.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/surface-visability-in-an-idw/td-p/3669570

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 5
greghughes
in reply to: rhasell

Thanks Reg

Why does autodesk go and make changes like this this?

Message 5 of 5
thedelee
in reply to: rhasell

same issue 2015plase help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report