Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived part based on skeleton is not updating in the assembly

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kegle
729 Views, 10 Replies

Derived part based on skeleton is not updating in the assembly

I have an assembly created from several parts which are all derived from a single skeleton part.  Two of the parts do not update when I change one of the dimensions in the skeleton part even though the other parts which are derived from the same skeleton do update.  I used the same procedure to create all the parts.  Does anyone know what would prevent these two parts from updating?

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: kegle

Attach the files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
kegle
in reply to: JDMather

I tried uploading the files, but ran into to a file size too large error.  What is the best method to post them?  It is a 2.5MB zip file.

Message 4 of 11
JDMather

Find the red End of Part marker in the browser.

Drag the red EOP to the top of the browser hiding all features.
Save with the EOP in a rolled up state.
If the folder will not zip small enough - the zip each part individually (with EOP in a rolled up state) and attach zip(s) here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 11
kegle
in reply to: JDMather

I made two zip files.

When I change the Frame_Width user parameter in the SkeletonBase.ipt some of the parts do not update in size in the Frame.iam, but some do.

Message 6 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior on the latest internal build. I recall there was a similar issue which had been fixed recently on the internal build.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 11
kegle
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Were you able to reproduce the error on the published build?  I have build 160.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 8 of 11
johnsonshiue

Yes, I am able to reproduce the problem on build 160.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 11
kegle

I am glad that you are able to reproduct the problem on build 160.  How do I fix my problem?  Am I able to get newer build?  Is there a work around to the problem that you know about?  Some of my parts work and some don't, but I don't know how to make them all work.

Message 10 of 11
johnsonshiue

The issue has been addressed on the latest internal build, which would be released as a form of patch, But, I cannot comment on when the patch will be available.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 11
kegle

A better explaination of my problem is:

Frame_Width user parameter starts at 35. If I change it to 50 and update Frame.iam the Frame-Clad parts and Frame-XJamb parts move to the right like they should, but the Frame-Wood parts do not.

Johnson Shiue explained to me that this is a case of "unknown lazy Derive Update behavior."  I opened the parts that did not move properly in it own window and edited the Derived feature and hit OK.  This woke up the Derive behavior.  I am still not sure what caused the Derive behavior to go go to sleep, but this fixed my model.

I also had problems with my Head parts not updating properly because I did not use the adaptivity properly in my model.  This was unrelated to the lazy derive behavior.

Johnson--thank you for all of your help.

-Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report