Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying 64bit AutoCAD Inventor Routed Systems Suite 2010 Install Problems

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kae36
196 Views, 0 Replies

Deploying 64bit AutoCAD Inventor Routed Systems Suite 2010 Install Problems

I have a Windows 2003 R2 Server on which I'm trying to make a 64bit deployment of AutoCAD Inventor Routed System Suite 2010 and I'm having trouble getting past a dialog box during Mechanical configuration. When I tell it to include service packs (either merge or append with deployment), I get a dialog box with a red X in it that just says:

G:\x64\acadm\acad.msi

G is the CDROM drive. It doesn't say anything else (no "can't find this file" message, no "this file has bad permissions" message, no other information at all). When I bring up file explorer and look at the CDROM drive (Disk 1 of 6), this file exists. There are no other error messages that I can see.

I don't know what it's complaining about, but the file is there.

The only way around this is to tell it not to install service packs.

My goal is to eventually try to deploy this to a Windows 7 64-bit client. Since I was having trouble with making the server deployment, I tried to install it directly to the client. I got it installed after having some issues with putting on service packs (I basically left them off), but some programs seem to hang when they run.

I guess I'm wondering if this is a futile effort (ie. It's never going to work on Windows 7).

The 32-bit install went without a hitch. It installed easily, but 64-bit is not going so well.

I'm surprised that the server deployment has problems (since the server is a Windows 2003 R2 Server). I got the impression that we had to have 64-bit for doing any kind of large graphics project.

Does anyone have any pointers?
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report