Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Custom Numbering Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Stemdriller
185 Views, 4 Replies

Define Custom Numbering Problem

Hi All

We have a custom numbering scheme in place, which works perfectly for Parts, but when we try and save a drawing it will not use the numbering scheme but simply trys to save the drawing as 'Drawing1' etc.

Has anyone had any similar issues???? Service Pack 2 was installed last week but it was working ok.

Other users have logged on and still it will not work.

GW

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Stemdriller

Need a lot more info.  What version of Inventor or you talking about?  What kind of custom numbering scheme?  Do you use Vault?  Do you have a model in your drawing before you try to save it?  If you try to save a drawing before you have placed any model views in it, it will default to "drawing1".

Message 3 of 5
Stemdriller
in reply to: cbenner

Within the Vault Tab in Inventor there is an 'Option' button within File Status.

In this Options area is 'Generate file numbers for drawing and presentation files' this was unticked.

The only change made has been installing SP2, so does SP2 cause this???

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Stemdriller

I guess I have no idea what that button does, and the help file doesn't even mention it's existence in that dialog box.  Would someone from Autodesk care to comment on this?

btw,... still not sure what release of Inventor you're using... I'm assuming 2011?

Message 5 of 5
Stemdriller
in reply to: cbenner

Sorry, Yes Inventor 2011.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums