Inventor General

**Master
Message 11 of 13 (127 Views)

Re: Default parts list style for each template type?

02-01-2010 07:10 AM in reply to: BMiller63
>> Am I misunderstanding something?

Nope, you've got it.

But I do have the need to manage and add styles fairly often.
*Pro
sbixler
Message 12 of 13 (127 Views)

02-01-2010 07:18 AM in reply to: BMiller63
Right, so then you just have to make the same changes to each of the four Object Defaults styles each time. I guess it's a toss-up between that and having to select a different Parts List style when you place a list from three of the four templates.
Sam
**Master
Message 13 of 13 (127 Views)

02-01-2010 07:32 AM in reply to: BMiller63
>> I guess it's a toss-up between that and having to select a different Parts List style when you place a list from three of the four templates.

That's the conclusion I came to as well. I think having the user choose the style is the better of the two, even though I know they'll forget many times. I will most likely place a sketched symbol on a layer that is set not to print, that reminds them which PL to use.

Thanks again for the replies, they have helped me feel confident that I wasn't overlooking something.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube