Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default material for Frame Genertor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
454 Views, 4 Replies

Default material for Frame Genertor

Is there a way to set the default material in Frame Generator?  I have a custom library for Content Center so I can modify that if needed.  I would like structural members to default to ASTM A36 for example.

Inventor Pro 2013 (product design suite)

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Winks87

I'm thinking you need to edit the CC family and then edit the Material column to make your ASTM a36 as default.
Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

When I created Unistrut beams to use in my frame generator I created both carbon steel and SS.

They both come into the frame with the respective materials as I had when I published them.  So I am in agreement that if you want a custom material you are going to have to republish the beam pieces you want in the material you need.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
BLHDrafting

When you edit the CC family there is a material 'wizard' in there somewhere. Use it to copy all of the existing Family rows to new rows (In the same family) with the difference being the material. Then delete or suppress the rows you don't want. Or just change the material of the existing rows. Do this to the first row and then drag that dwn like in excel.

You can follow Cadmanto's suggestion or just add new rows to the existing cc family. Sorry for the vagueness about the wizard. Computer is down and my memory is bad!
Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 5
cmharb
in reply to: BLHDrafting

make sure the section shape/size is available in material, else you will have trouble buying it.

w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report