Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default DXF does not work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
197 Views, 1 Reply

Default DXF does not work

There is a bug in inventor 2012, where the default dxf version does not apply. It's not a huge issue, but it's quite annoying. Basically, when saving a dxf, I need to change the dxf version each time, regardless of what the default version is (which I've set to 2004). In order to import the files into my cam software (for CNC), it needs to be the Autocad 2004 DXF, so every time I need to save a dxf, I need to go to options and press finish.

Any help?

Thanks,

Danny

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Anonymous

i haven't seen this happen to anyone yet.

as a side topic but kinda related, we just set up a config file for the export process. note, if you are the creator it will remember it next time you have ot export, so you just hit enter a few times and it is sorted.

if you are not the creator then just point to the config file during export, bring it in, then export it immediately (and overwrite the original). it will think you are the creator and remember it in future.

not saying this will solve your problem, but worth a try. there are benefits to using a config file anyway so that you can preset layers and colours to make cleanup easier later on.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report