Inventor General

AeroAg08
Message 1 of 2 (319 Views)

Default DXF Export Config for Sheet Metal (IV2012)

319 Views, 1 Replies
08-20-2012 12:04 PM

Hello,

Our office is currently running Inventor 2012, with SP2 installed (Build 219) and the program still seems unable to fully save and utilize a defualt configuration setting for exporting DXF flat patterns of sheet metal parts. Our laser machine requires AutoCAD 2000 DXF, and while I'm able to save a configuration file (.ini) with this setting, I still have to click on the "Options" button and then click "Finish" or it will save to the standard default AutoCAD 2010 DXF file version and our laser will be unable to read the file.

I've read several discussions on here dating back over a year, and apparently this issue was originally promised to be resolved in the SP1 patch, and as far as I can tell it wasn't even fixed in the SP2 patch. Unless I am doing something incorrectly, which is a possibility.

Does anybody know if this problem was ever resolved in Inventor 2012??? Thank you.

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 2 (312 Views)

Re: Default DXF Export Config for Sheet Metal (IV2012)

08-20-2012 01:43 PM in reply to: AeroAg08

Works just fine here INV Pro 2012 SP2

I'm just right clicking on the flat pattern node in the model browser and selecting "save copy as". I was able to create/save a configuration ini file and it defaulted to that again with no issues.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube