Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default DXF Export Config for Sheet Metal (IV2012)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AeroAg08
596 Views, 1 Reply

Default DXF Export Config for Sheet Metal (IV2012)

Hello,

Our office is currently running Inventor 2012, with SP2 installed (Build 219) and the program still seems unable to fully save and utilize a defualt configuration setting for exporting DXF flat patterns of sheet metal parts. Our laser machine requires AutoCAD 2000 DXF, and while I'm able to save a configuration file (.ini) with this setting, I still have to click on the "Options" button and then click "Finish" or it will save to the standard default AutoCAD 2010 DXF file version and our laser will be unable to read the file.

I've read several discussions on here dating back over a year, and apparently this issue was originally promised to be resolved in the SP1 patch, and as far as I can tell it wasn't even fixed in the SP2 patch. Unless I am doing something incorrectly, which is a possibility.

Does anybody know if this problem was ever resolved in Inventor 2012??? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: AeroAg08

Works just fine here INV Pro 2012 SP2

I'm just right clicking on the flat pattern node in the model browser and selecting "save copy as". I was able to create/save a configuration ini file and it defaulted to that again with no issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report