Valued Contributor JM.
Valued Contributor
JM.
Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)
Accepted Solution

Default Angle

159 Views, 3 Replies
05-16-2013 06:48 AM

Is there any way to set the default angle when using the 'Face Draft' command.  The default angle is set to 2.5 degrees - for my application 45 would be more useful.

Mentor
tsreagan
Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)

Re: Default Angle

05-16-2013 11:12 AM in reply to: JM.

The last used values for this are in the registry, but I see no way to set the system default.

a blank "default" entry was in the list,  but Inventor ignores any edits to it.

This may be hard coded, or is hidden in registry under something more cryptic.

The arrow to the right of the default will bring up a list of recent values.

If you use 45 a lot,  it should always be int he pulldown, this saves typin it in at least.

T.S.

Valued Contributor JM.
Valued Contributor
JM.
Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)

05-16-2013 12:12 PM in reply to: tsreagan

I suspected as much - the drop down certainly helps but it would be nice to be able to set a default value.

Thanks.

Mentor
tsreagan
Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)

05-16-2013 12:25 PM in reply to: JM.

Now there is a good suggestion for Autodesk.

Put "ALL" tool defaults in the registry so advanced users who want to streamline can change them as they please.

T.S.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube