Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DYNAMIC SIMULATION, INVENTOR STUDIO AND STRESS ANALYSIS are greyed out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BramosB
1144 Views, 3 Replies

DYNAMIC SIMULATION, INVENTOR STUDIO AND STRESS ANALYSIS are greyed out

Hello guys!. I already have tried few times to point out this issue inside another threads that i found relative to the trouble what i will expose, but finally i rather decide to create a new question as long as i have tried another many solutions mentioned: restarting the PC, repairing the installation, unistalling packs i had installed. Nothing have solved the current behaviour with some enviroments and tools.

The following describes what is happening what i want to find solutions for:

1. Some enviroments (add ins) are greyed out, unable to select them thus i can not work the dynamic simulation with any iam files i have checked on, neither Inventor studio is active (when i realize it i have tried checking both type of files ipt and iam, discarding the problem were about files so i concluded it is not), nor stress analysis. In addition to that some tools are incative as well as Raytracing and section view.

PrtPNT V02 5 marzo 2014 _ icon greyedout 2012.jpg 

I have to say i have installed some version of the software on the same machine which is a laptop (V 2013, V 2014 and now testing beta V2015 have recently installed). I though repairing installation would solve but nothing happens.

Before i noticed the problem i have installed two language packs for Inventor V2014 i have downlaod from the website, but i have already unistalled discarding another possible conflict. Again nothing fix the problem, icons persist greyed out.

I am attaching two print screen and the add ins windows for anybody who can check it and know what coul be happening please help me to solve this situation.

print pant 5 marzo 2014 _ no enviroments available.jpg

This PC is a laptop ASUS N56V, with a core I7 for processor and 8 gb of MRAM, and 23GB free on HD.

Thanks in advance... I hope have a positive Feedback with you.

Kindly Regards

Bahirmary.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BramosB
in reply to: BramosB

Hi there, again. This is another status report about the trouble posted.

I have got a different response when following this process: 

1.unchecking the respective options for this enviroments on the ADD-INS window,

2. then close the program and finally relaunching Inventor again.

3. Now the icons appear in color, but once inside the enviroment is imposible to create the simulation (for example dyn simulation) because, in the enviroment inside, the ribbon is not able to be used, the icons for set the sim are greyed out.

PrtPNT V03 10 marzo 2014 _one fix BUT still greyed.jpg

Definitely, I am still really appreciating any help to get the full options of the software.

P.S. I already have launched Inventor with admin permissions. I found in a post something about regedit and its modification (i have got installed different versions of the program on the same machine which presents the trouble), but i was not sure how to change the registration, this could be a solution?

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: BramosB

Basic information missing.

Operating System?

UAC status?

Antivirus status?

Admin status?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean uninstall.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Clean Install
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17955581&linkID=9240617

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
TonyWilk
in reply to: JDMather

Please help me as I am getting quite desperate here.

I searched for my problem on this forum and this thread is exactly my problem but it is happening to me as to BramosB in my 2017 version of Inventor Professional

I have tried many ways to use the simulations and the same steps as BramosB so I am taking the most efficient way of describing my symptoms using BramosB's exact words rather than write it all over again.

My operating system is Windows 10 and I have had to set my Inventor performance down to cater for my "Graffix" card not being exactly up to scratch.

My research has told me that. certain fixes for this in earlier versions would be ineffectual in later versions of Inventor.

Anyone with any suggestions???  

Best Regards

Tony 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report