Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFx Creation Issue w/ Large Assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clara_csdrafting
417 Views, 2 Replies

DWFx Creation Issue w/ Large Assembly

I am currently experiencing an issue when exporting a large assembly to dwfx file format.  A file is created, but Design Review closes every time I open the dwfx file.  The odd part is I can see my model in the background when the error stating: "Autodesk Design Review has stopped working" appears (see attached 3-page pdf).

I notice my computer's network traffic skyrockets during the export process.  Even opening the assembly file is taxing my computer.  My assembly has independent files as well as reused files stored in my network's Vault.  Total file size is around 0.875 GB. 

Does anyone know what computational processes occur when generating a dwfx file?  I presume the process is tapping into all associated child files. 

Also, any suggestions for changing any publish settings or adjustments to the hardware itself that may help? I tried the checking the "Memory Saving Mode" setting but to no avail. 

Thank you,

Clara P. Sandoval

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BarryZA
in reply to: clara_csdrafting

I had the same thing happen to me recently, where the assembly running in Inventor used 9 gigs of RAM. However I couldn't find a solution.

What I do know is that you derive or use substitute levels of detail first, then save as DWF(x) file, it will be a lot smaller.

Message 3 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: BarryZA

Ditto.  I have one model that is too big to open now, even with 32GB ram in the laptop.

DWF's died during creation, or on the odd occasion where they succeeded, they were just too heavy to be much use.

I had much better success bringing the model into Navisworks and then using Navisworks Freedom as the free viewer.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report