Inventor General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 8 (267 Views)

DRAWING VIEWS

267 Views, 7 Replies
08-29-2012 12:59 PM

I am still making some adjustments to our standard drawing template and I ran into another issue I need some help with. 

I want the tangent edges to be displayed automatically when I insert a drawing view rather than clicking the Display Options tab and checking the Tangent Edges box every time I make a new drawing.  Is this possible?  If so, how?

I tried inserting a view, checking the Tangent Edges box, then deleting my view and re-saving the template but it still went back to the default.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 8 (253 Views)

Re: DRAWING VIEWS

08-29-2012 01:27 PM in reply to: avaya2012

Hi avaya2012,

This ability has been requested in the past (going back to at least 2003), but I'm not aware of any updates to Inventor that allow you to accomplish what you're asking for at this point.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/interference-and-tangent-edges-default-to-show-on/m-...

You can request enhancement and new features using the Feed Back link:
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/feature-request-for-inventor.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Active Contributor
Message 3 of 8 (246 Views)

08-29-2012 01:38 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Well I guess it helps me to the point that I won't waste any more time trying to figure this out.

It sure seems like Inventor does not like to add or fix little issues like this.

Thanks

*Pro
jletcher
Message 4 of 8 (241 Views)

08-29-2012 01:46 PM in reply to: avaya2012

It sure seems like Inventor does not like to add or fix little issues like this.

It was better when Inventor 1st came out they was ontop of it tying to fix everything they could with patches they listen to the users . But now they have you stuck once you go inventor and get parts made it is hard to tell the owner of your company Inventor was a mistake lets buy this..

I wish I knew where Autodesk fell off the tracks I would go help them get back on it...............

But hey it keeps clients calling me...............

and 2013 and all the new crap has my phone ringing off the hook :smileyhappy:

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Distinguished Contributor
JimSteinmeyer
Message 5 of 8 (231 Views)

08-29-2012 02:26 PM in reply to: jletcher

You mean I don't want to upgrade yet? :smileyvery-happy:

A related question. I would like to have the views placed showing part number rather than view number. I know how to make it show the part number if I manually change it bit it gets tedious for every view.

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 6 of 8 (215 Views)

08-29-2012 03:05 PM in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

Hi JimSteinmeyer,

That request can be accomplished. :smileyhappy:

From a drawing, go to the Manage Tab > Styles Editor button, and then select your Standard, and set the View Preferences tab active. Then use the Edit View Label button as shown.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor View Label Part Number.png

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Distinguished Contributor
JimSteinmeyer
Message 7 of 8 (177 Views)

08-30-2012 12:33 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you Curtis! I assume I need to do this to my template in order for this to take effect for every drawing. This will save me vast ammounts of time. Now if we coulod just get Invenrot to reccognize assembly components with a balloon when placed as an individual part, but I suspect it has something to do with the way bills of materials are devised and won't work.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 8 of 8 (135 Views)

08-31-2012 06:07 PM in reply to: avaya2012
Jim,
You need to to that to your template and then save it to your styles library.

"... Now if we coulod just get Invenrot to reccognize assembly components with a balloon when placed as an individual part,..."

Not sure if I follow you there. Can you expand on this a little?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube