Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAWING VIEWS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
avaya2012
865 Views, 7 Replies

DRAWING VIEWS

I am still making some adjustments to our standard drawing template and I ran into another issue I need some help with. 

I want the tangent edges to be displayed automatically when I insert a drawing view rather than clicking the Display Options tab and checking the Tangent Edges box every time I make a new drawing.  Is this possible?  If so, how?

I tried inserting a view, checking the Tangent Edges box, then deleting my view and re-saving the template but it still went back to the default.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi avaya2012,

This ability has been requested in the past (going back to at least 2003), but I'm not aware of any updates to Inventor that allow you to accomplish what you're asking for at this point.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/interference-and-tangent-edges-default-to-show-on/m-...

You can request enhancement and new features using the Feed Back link:
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/feature-request-for-inventor.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8

Well I guess it helps me to the point that I won't waste any more time trying to figure this out.

It sure seems like Inventor does not like to add or fix little issues like this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: avaya2012

It sure seems like Inventor does not like to add or fix little issues like this.

It was better when Inventor 1st came out they was ontop of it tying to fix everything they could with patches they listen to the users . But now they have you stuck once you go inventor and get parts made it is hard to tell the owner of your company Inventor was a mistake lets buy this..

I wish I knew where Autodesk fell off the tracks I would go help them get back on it...............

But hey it keeps clients calling me...............

and 2013 and all the new crap has my phone ringing off the hook Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: jletcher

You mean I don't want to upgrade yet? Smiley Very Happy

A related question. I would like to have the views placed showing part number rather than view number. I know how to make it show the part number if I manually change it bit it gets tedious for every view.

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 6 of 8

Hi JimSteinmeyer,

That request can be accomplished. Smiley Happy

From a drawing, go to the Manage Tab > Styles Editor button, and then select your Standard, and set the View Preferences tab active. Then use the Edit View Label button as shown.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor View Label Part Number.png

Message 7 of 8

Thank you Curtis! I assume I need to do this to my template in order for this to take effect for every drawing. This will save me vast ammounts of time. Now if we coulod just get Invenrot to reccognize assembly components with a balloon when placed as an individual part, but I suspect it has something to do with the way bills of materials are devised and won't work.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 8 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: avaya2012

Jim,
You need to to that to your template and then save it to your styles library.

"... Now if we coulod just get Invenrot to reccognize assembly components with a balloon when placed as an individual part,..."

Not sure if I follow you there. Can you expand on this a little?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report