Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DERIVED PART MASS NOT CORRECT

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
brendan.henderson
2756 Views, 21 Replies

DERIVED PART MASS NOT CORRECT

I searcehd for and found/read several postings on this same issue. The solutions involved workarounds which I don't agree with.

I derived an assembly. The assy weighed 765.490 kg. The derived part weighs 123.796 kg with material Default, and 971.802 kg with the material Steel.There doesn't seem to be a method to get the originating assy mass to 'automatically' reflect in the derived part mass, other than manually over typing the part mass. This is the workaround I don't agree with.

Anybody got a better idea?

ORIGINATING ASSY

MASS1.jpg

DERIVED PART

MASS2.jpg

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
gusi_cl
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson, I've made some test and the problem occour in 2021, 2023.3 and 2024.1.

Here some screenshots made in Inventor R2024.1 version...

gusi_cl_0-1694246437110.pnggusi_cl_1-1694246475210.png

gusi_cl_2-1694246569320.png

If you suppress or cut the link to the derived assembly, after an update, the mass became zero.

gusi_cl_3-1694246733233.png

But this is not a solution because if you unsuppress the link, the issue return.

Message 22 of 22

I will definitely give thumb up to the post in Idea board.

Yes, I have also noticed this for long time.

But personally I don't see Autodesk will make it work functionally in next release.

Hope my guess is wrong...

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report