Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA Q? OLE links which will not be updated?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
498 Views, 3 Replies

DA Q? OLE links which will not be updated?

When I opened an idw in DA (ABC456.idw) I got the following message.

The following file(s) contain OLD links which will not be updated as part of the selected action.

R:\.............ABC456.idw.

This is the same file I opened with DA which makes this more confusing.

TIA

Pete
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Pete, This message simply tries to point out that the file you just opened in DA, contains OLE objects which are disregarded in the Manage section of DA. The dialog does not try to list the the actual name of the OLE objects, instead it lists the parent files that contain them. That's why you see the same name pop up again. Maybe we could have done a better job with this dialog. Bob
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Bob,

Thanks for the info. What is really strange is this part and drawing were copied using the DA. The original drawing does not generate this message. I tried saving both the part and the idw, but still get the message. I should also clarify that the file it is pointing to is the same drawing (idw) file that I opened, not the part (ipt) file.

So it is saying it lost links to itself?

Pete
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Pete , It looks strange. There seems to be some form of cyclical dependency. Can you send me the part file and the drawing so I can have a look? Bob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report