Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclic Dependency problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
2013auto
1006 Views, 2 Replies

Cyclic Dependency problem

first off, I do not know what this error I keep getting on .idw's of top level assemblies.

I have problems with views not updating after changes were made.

This was a layout done in Inventor 2011 and I made changes to the .iam (2013), but I cannot get them to update on the .idw's.

The tree in the .idw's has all my views shown with a "question mark" and I cannot edit anything. I know I could probably delete them and re-insert them, but I have ballons and parts list that I do not want to re-do.

I also tried to update between Master & Default view in the Assemblies, no luck.

help

I attached the Cyclic Dependency error dialog box.

thanks for your time

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: 2013auto

Hi Brian,

Could you attach the dataset or send me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
2013auto
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

To River Cai,

I ended up fixing my problem.

to re-cap - This is opening a Top Level .idw.

It was a problem with resolving fasteners from the Content Center. The system would ask to resolve and then tell that they were not part of the active project.

The particular fasteners would show up fine after that, and every view was fine (I could open from the .idw's).

But when I would close the .idw and reopen, the same fasteners needed resolved. I finally did a "Replace from Content Center" and that worked.

There must be some minor changes to the fastener name or something . . .

Frustrated but fixed.

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums