Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Title Block with Graphic

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Paul-Mason
581 Views, 5 Replies

Customized Title Block with Graphic

I've customized the title-block template by changing a few of the default texts and by adding a graphic image.

I know from other post here that when the new template is created and then used the graphic needs to have pointer set etc set a the time of creation of the new template, I've done all that and it works fine.

However there are two points that I'm not clear on and ask you more experienced users your your help these two point are :-

1) When a new drawing created with my template then saved as a IDW is the graphic image then embedded in that IDW or referenced each time the file is opened?

2) If I upload these IDW files, as created as above to a web site or transfer to another machine do I need that template file and image to be on that other machine  and/or do I need to upload the template and graphic graphic files with that/those IDW, IPT, IAM files so that when some one else opens these IDW files that graphic is displayed?

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mpatchus
in reply to: Paul-Mason

I uncheck the "LINK" box when I insert the image.  This embeds the image in the template.

Image_Embed.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: mpatchus

Mason, Mike,

When you placed the .bmp file in the template, is there a way to avoid the white background from the .bmp file?  If the idw sheet color was white, it would not be visible, but since it is the cream color, the white backgrond is visible.

2013-01-09_1201.png

I have tried removing the background with photoshop, but it still shows in Inventor.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
mpatchus
in reply to: karthur1

It should not matter when plotting.

We have our sheet background set to white anyway, but it is only a screen color.

You could set it to black and it would still plot white.

(Although darker colors do generally have an impact on PDF exportation I have found.)

Util we can import GIF files with transparent backgrounds, we're stuck with what we have.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: mpatchus

I'm fine with how it plots on paper and pdf, I just dont like how it looks in Inventor.  If its exported to Acad and the background is black it shows there too.

Was hoping it was something I could do to get rid of it.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Paul-Mason
in reply to: karthur1

karthur1 Sorry for the delay in replaying.

The only way I have found to avoid the white background in an inserted title-block image is to use a program like Paint or photoshop to change the background color in the actual sorce image being used. BUT then that background color will be printed where as the white on white paper is not.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report