Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom section mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
schnautza
1295 Views, 2 Replies

Custom section mark

I'm trying to migrate from AutoCAD into Inventor while maintaining my companies standards - and I need to change the way section marks show.

Is there a way to create a custom section mark routine (in AutoCAD it was a LISP routine) to make section marks as shown in the attached picture?

In the AutoCAD version, it took 3 clicks, and then prompted for text inputs - 1st was the end of the line with the circle, 2nd was the other end of the line, and 3rd was the direction of the section. Then there are 2 text prompts - first the section label, then the sheet humber.

Is this possible to do in Inventor? I figured out how to make the circles with prompted text but can't figure out how to make the lines and arrows to go with it without being fixed length and position.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: schnautza

I don't think there is a standard method to do it. Creating a Sketched Sysmbol (which you probably area already doing) may be your only choice.

Inventor still won't give a reference to the sheet that the section (or detail or projected) view is on! You have to buy 3rd party software for that.

If you think this feature would be useful then please add it to the IdeaStation.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 3
schnautza
in reply to: schnautza

I don't really expect that it could automatically pull the numbers in - I would be more than happy if I could get it to just draw the line with the arrows on both ends. 

If I was to just create a custom sketched symbol, the line is a fixed length and the arrows are pointing a fixed direction - meaning I would need to create a whole library of different length lines with arrows in each direction.

Is there a way to automate that process? Just the lines and arrows, clicking for length and direction of arrows? It would be something similar to drawing a leader line.

I've already got the circle with numbers drawn up as a sketched symbol with prompted entries. That was easy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report