Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom material image Inv. 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
timdown73
1533 Views, 2 Replies

Custom material image Inv. 2013

Hello,  

Could anyone tell me where the proper location to store custom images for new custom materials?  We do not use vault and I currently store everything locally.  I found where Inventor stores all of the material library images in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures.  In that "Textures" folder there are Inventor material images stored in folders named "1","2 "and "3".  Should I paste my custom image in all three folders, or a completely different location?  I need Inventor to find this material and image for every new project so I save it to my library but I do not know where to store the image.

Thanks!

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: timdown73

Hello Timdown73,

In INV.2013, the option Generic and Bump Images will be stored where the location you loaded (ie. "user" folder @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\user), please do care about the location path, I suggest to create a notepad and store the location path, such as a notepad named "Path" which contains the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\user" as attacthment for reminder in user folder. When you move your Inventor files to another machine or somewhere else, please do remember to put the image folder to the same path. (if the path does not exist, please add new folder with the same name from the path). It's the Key step when you move your Inventor files, else, you will missing your images when open files which contains customized apprearance assets .

Thanks.

Xun
Message 3 of 3
dclunie
in reply to: timdown73

Hi

I was enquiring about same problem we ,have just installed inventor 2013 upgrade 3 weeks ago and we are having lots of problems with textures that we previously had attached to models from release 2011.

At times if we try to add files to vault it shows our old image that was on parts for visual reference is now showing as 3rd party and we have had to map area where the textures live to our libraries folder just to enable us to check in files.

However that is one problem we are in office with over twenty users and we cannot seem to to have all design data over a shared network so all users can get all regular updates of templates ,styles,materials etc.

In this reference where does the textures have to be placed.

2011 inventor all where placed as you know in one area (design data ) and we had no problems.

Do we know of work flow on how to deal with 2013 and projects over networks in relation to textures materials etc.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated because our work flow is causing us real problems

Thanks

D Clunie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report