Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom bolted connections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
342 Views, 3 Replies

Custom bolted connections

I'm trying to use design accelerator to place a connection in an assembly in Inventor 2012. I need the connection / fitting to be a custom length, it's basically a long fastening pin through 4 holes however Inventor will not allow this type of custom length - any ideas ? I have done this by simply extruding a sketch to the desired length but I could do with it shown properly as a pin connection with a securing head on each end.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure what you're trying to do, but I've used BC and after selecting start and end planes and the fastener, it always let me drag the fastener to whatever length I wanted, within the table of standard bolt lengths.  If that's what's holding you back, you may want to publish a custom fastener with more length choices to pull from.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the info. I have managed to place the bolted connection and I do get th eoption to drag the bolt to the length but not as much as I need. It seems restricted to a certain length, any ideas ? Cheers

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

You can modify the Content Center family table to add lengths.  If you are using a standard bolt, you may need to copy it to a custom library fisrt before you can make any changes.  These tables of fasteners are usually built to standard length increments.  Another thought would be to create your own custom fastener ipart, and publish it to the CC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report