Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tube & Pipe Style using a Modified Hose

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1824 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Tube & Pipe Style using a Modified Hose

I am making a new Tube&Pipe Style, but I cannot find the custom hose that I need for it

I made a new, custom hose as follows

1. Manage->Content Center Editor-> Library View: Inventor Parker

2. [Expand] Tube & Pipe->Conduits->Hoses->Parker Hydraulic Hose-No Skive  --> right click and copy to Custom Modified Content

3. Library View: Custon Modified Content. I change the name to "EVA Hose" and I shrink some outer diameters in the Family Table. Nothing much.

Then I want to be able to use this hose in a Tube and Pipe Style. So I

1. Create Tube & Pipe Run and name it

2. Pipe Run->Manage->Tube and Pipe Styles->Flexible Hose [Expand]

3. Right click "Hydraulic Hose-No Fittings" -> Copy

4. Right click "Hydraulic Hose-NoFittings_Copy"->Edit

5. In General, I right click "Pipe"->Browse to change the family. I want to be able to select my special hose with smaller outer diameters

My custom hose does not show up in the results. If anyone has a clue to how I can find it, your help would be much appreciated.

piperunproblem.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

The Tube and Pipe module information gets stored in it's own separate IAM file stored in the default location: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design Data\Tube & Pipe\en-US You need to open this IAM and make the changes there and then save it. Every time you then start a new T & P, it opens the updated IAM file. You could save the existing stock template file with a SAV extension and then delete all runs from your existing T & P that you made the changes and then save this to this Design Data location with the proper "piping Runs.iam" file name. I keep a copy of this and migrate it with each new release so all my T & P changes/customization are retained.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thanks, I finally managed to figure this out a few hours ago. I just rebuilt my styles instead of exporting.

This link I found to be helpful, to anyone else having a similar problem: http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

I also did this, and I'm not sure if it helped or not: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Making-custom-sized-flexible-hose/m-p/4349022/highlig...

that is, instead of copying the hose to Custom Modified Content straight, I "save as" and checked "independent" so it would not be linked to the original hose part. I proceeded to do everything I could to change its name so it would appear as a separate part in the "browse." Anyway, after all this, it wound up working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report