Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Centre Library Appears Empty?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hjtrbo
825 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Content Centre Library Appears Empty?

Hi all,

I typically use basic ISO fastners in conjunction with the bolted connection generator. Just now I have discovered the ability to add a custom library to the content centre. This appears fantastic as I no longer have to sift through the 10 - 30 or so items available in each category to complete my bolted connection.

However I am experiencing a delima that I hope someone can assist me with?

I have created a custom library called "My Favourites" and it contains 6 bolt families, 1 spring & flat washer family and 1 nut family. All families are derived from the ISO standard (bar the spring washer which is DIN 128) and all thread pitches for the respective nut and bolt connection(s) match.

The problem I am experiencing is when I execute the bolted connection command I can add the bolt, 2 flats and 1 spring washer yet when I come to close the connection with a nut the nut selection box is empty?

I have the active project configured with "My Favourites" "Inventor Feature" & "Inventor Routed Systems" as the only in use libraries. Secondly, I have verified the existance of the nut(s) in "My Favourites" in the Content Centre Editor.

I am using Inventor 2010 updated to SP3 on a standalone machine, running Windows 7 Ultimate (w/ latest updates)

Thanks in Advance

Nathan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hjtrbo
in reply to: hjtrbo

Hey,

Sorted 🙂

I was using Copy To... Now I use Save Copy As... and it works perfect. Plus I can rename to suit my requirements.

Message 3 of 3
cvbt-thailand
in reply to: hjtrbo

I had the same problem.  I saw that I had used "copy to" to create the family.  I used "save copy as" on that family and created a copy.  I could then see both families from the bolted connection generator.  I went back and deleted the copy and I could still see and choose the original family.

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report