Inventor General

nasreen.b
Message 1 of 2 (103 Views)

Curving a part on two axes

103 Views, 1 Replies
11-12-2013 11:45 PM

Hello,

I would like to create a curved surface from a flat part. I have designed the 3d part on the XY plane and would like to have it curved as if placed on a sphere.

I have attached a picture of what I want to achieve. The part is curved in both the X-axis and Y-axis. Unfortunately I cannot attach the part file due to proprietary rights.

At first I used the Bend Part feature and created a bend on both sides on one axis.This was done by sketching a line in the center of the part, which is symmetric in the x-axis and using Bend->Sides. Then I sketched another line which is symmetric in the y-axis and this intersects with the first line used for bending. I have found that I cannot create a second bend using this new line.

Maybe I am going about it the wrong way. Please advise.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)

Re: Curving a part on two axes

11-13-2013 03:13 AM in reply to: nasreen.b

Model in the finished form.

Is it really spherical or just close to spherical?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube