Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a list of drawings from an assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chorch123
1607 Views, 6 Replies

Creating a list of drawings from an assembly

Hello,

I wonder if there is any way of creating the list of drawings that derive from a general assembly, which contains subassemblies and spare parts. That involves to export some personilezed iproperties, such as nº of drawing, nº of father drawing (for sub-assemblies), and title.

The idea is creating a vinculated link between these drawings (.idw files) and an excel file that, if possible, updates itself when changing the drawings.

Please take into account my low-level in programming skills.

Thank you very in advance

Jorge

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
IgorMir
in reply to: chorch123

Hi Jorge,

If a part name is a part number and the drawing number is the same as a part number (as it should be, BTW) then Parts List in general arrangement drawing is, effectively, a list of drawings for that asembly.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 7
chorch123
in reply to: IgorMir

Hi Igor,

first of all, thank you very much for your request.

But I still have two problems:

- Unfortunately, part names there aren't part numbers, because when designing I do not the mark number that a plate is going to have in the drawing file. Obviously this can be arrange with the "design Assistant", so time is the only handicap to solve this problem.

- Second problem is that Iwould like to add to this part/drawing list some personalized iproperties from different drawings, such as the drawing title and the assembly drawing number, that indicates where the spare parts of a drawings are mounted.

I am not sure if it is more or less clear my problem...

Thanks again

Jorge

Message 4 of 7
IgorMir

Hi Jorge,

All I can say is that before diving into a deep end of pool (with the additional programming and all that) - one should get his house in order in the first place. Which means - you have to have a file naming convention in place which actually works. Otherwise - you will be chasing your own tail till cows come home. And no amount of "special programming" will save your day. There are quite a few posts in this forum on files naming topic. Please do a search.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Message 5 of 7
chorch123
in reply to: IgorMir

Hi Igor,

obviously i am not able to thank you anything this time but i will applause your skills in english sayings.

I had just one question:

Is it possible to create, in excel, a list of drawings (.idw files), which apart from their name/number, could contain some additional personalized i-properties which depend of each drawing (for example, title, father drawing, scale, workshop to be delivered, surface treatment, material, and so on).

When not, OK, no problem, i will find another way or solution.

But, please, do not say to me how to do my work.

Best regards

Jorge

Message 6 of 7
IgorMir

Hi Jorge,

I would think it is possible. But I personally have never had a need to create a stand alone data base to reflect all the particulars of drawings. May be someone else will offer his/her opinion on this one in here. Alternatively - there is a Customization forum as well. May be you can ask there?

Regards,

Igor.

Message 7 of 7
mgigliotti

Jorge;

I only just saw this post, or I would have replied sooner, but better late than never.  I actually posted something similar on mcad forums at the following link:

http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13477

Since that post I wrote both an ilogic script for sheets within a single document, and a vba macro for sheets within multiple files.  You need to put all the drawing files in one folder (with no other files) and they should sort in the order you want them.

I have attached text of the ilogic script.  The VBA test is actually posted on the mcadforum post if you scroll down a bit.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Murphy Gigliotti

Sr. Tech. Designer

Entertainment Division, McLaren Engineering Group

mgigliotti@mgmclaren.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report