Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a column with custom values based on a fomula?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LuapDesign
373 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a column with custom values based on a fomula?

Hi,

I want to add a column to my parts list, which displays a value based on a formula.

Lets say i want to show the submerged weight of a part; So i need to create a column, which can use the information about a parts volume and mass to calculate its submerged weight.

An easy formula, but is this possible in Inventor (2012 Pro)?

Thanks.

P

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hareshbhere
in reply to: LuapDesign

Hello,

I don't know, it is correct solution for your post, but it is possible. Follow following steps with attached images.

1. Create Custom iproperties with Formula in Part iProperties. Can set customized property in Part template to avoid repeated work.

2. Add customized column in Assembly BOM.

3. Extract BOM in Excel, add equal sign to each cell. It will give your desired properties.

Message 3 of 3
LuapDesign
in reply to: hareshbhere

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I want the column called "Submerged_weight" to show the calculated value on a IDW automatically. I`d rather not extract it to excel etc. as it will then be manual  labour to get it correct value on the idw later.

But The custom value is a good start. How do i get it to give me the value of the expression, and not just showing me the expression?  (I get: 1000-(500*1.025)   instead of 487,5)

Excuse me for the poor explanation skills. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report