Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating ADSK file.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kabindrabhattarai
3202 Views, 6 Replies

Creating ADSK file.

I am trying to create ADSK file for an assembly created in Inventor so that I can export it to Autodesk Revit. How can this be done?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: kabindrabhattarai

Inventor version?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
kabindrabhattarai
in reply to: mcgyvr

I  am using Inventor 2012

Message 4 of 7

Help. Anyone? Please?

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: kabindrabhattarai

Use the BIM exchange button on the environments tab.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7

I can't remember if you can do it from 2012.  You can certainly do it from 2013 and 2014.

Typically the workflow is:

• Create an assembly.
  • Derive the assembly into a part file (or use Shrinkwrap)
  • BIM Exchange (should be on the Inventor ribbon under "Environments" I think)
  • "Export Building Components".

And that's about it.  2014 is better for this workflow because there are some nice simplification tools, but I'm fairly sure it works OK from 2012.

(Just remembered:  For ADSK you don't need to simplify in the Part file - that's just for .RFA files which can only be created from 2014.)

Peter
Message 7 of 7

I am using Inventor 2014 to create ADSK files for use with Autocad Plant 3D. It works great, but there are a couple of issues that I have found.

I cannot change the transparency of the part in Autocad Plant 3D. I am using Autocad Plant 3D 2015, but perhaps this is not an issue with the latest version. The reason for using ADSK files with Autocad Plant 3D, was to make the importing of 3D models from suppliers easier. The ADSK files work better than FBX files in Plant 3D.

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums