Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create in Place not working with content center parts?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
632 Views, 8 Replies

Create in Place not working with content center parts?

I have been using Inventor 2011 and I have noticed that I can’t create a component *.IAM in place if there is a content center part that is selected. Am I doing something wrong? I am saving content center parts as custom.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi tiamscad,

Please download 2011 SP2 from link: 2011 SP2, and please install SP2 firstly, A reminder, please install SP2 after SP1 installation, and you can get the SP1 by link: 2011 SP1.

I have checked the behaviour on SP2, it's not reproduced, please refer to the Video.

Xun
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

I have SP2 Running and no  effect. I have watched the video and I can tell you for sure that it will work because the part was not placed as a content center part.My parts from Content Center get a different Icon. 

Message 4 of 9
Xun.Zhang

In my side, every part from content center which placed in assembly was display as content center part, if you do met the trouble, it should be a defect, could you send me the dataset to reproduce the issue and I will log a defect to our defect system for tacking the issue, thanks.

Xun
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I have recreated the example from your video. It does work using the fastners just as your video showed. Please add a something from the fitting group and try it again.

Message 6 of 9
Xun.Zhang

I have try on my machine, and it's cannot reproduce, please refer to my video.

Xun
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

OK I once again reproduced your video. I am doing something different. I am palceing parts and then makeing them into an assembly. I use the "tab" key for create inplace componant after i have selected 2 parts that have been placed. Video

Message 8 of 9
Xun.Zhang

From your video, I find that every iam assembly placed well in inventor, so a little confused, your question is can't inplace place the sub assembly after you have placed CC part.

So the proplem resolved? 

Xun
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Xun.zhang The issue is that I can restructure the concent center fittings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report