Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a pattern off a feature in another pattern? Inventor 2013

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JKeifenheim
450 Views, 4 Replies

Create a pattern off a feature in another pattern? Inventor 2013

Hey everyone,

Relatively new user to Inventor here with a question that may have a simple answer.

Is it possible to take a feature created by a pattern and reuse it to create another pattern?  I have a circular part on which I have created a linear pattern (using the rectangular pattern feature) of holes, 6 in total listed as 3 ccurrences.  if we number the holes 1-6, I would like to make a circular pattern based off holes 2 and 5.  I have been unable to figure out how to select the individual "occurrence" related to the hole once in the pattern feature.  If I create the circular pattern first and then the linear and try to suppress the others it supresses both holes in the occurrence. Perhaps this is not the best way to do it at all.  

Before anyone asks, after talking to my boss he wishes that I do not post a model of the part online. 

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JKeifenheim

Can you attach the file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JKeifenheim
in reply to: JDMather

I cannot post the exact file but I have created a sample file to work off of.  I was incorrect in my first post, the rectangular pattern created 6 occurrences not three.  Here is the sample file

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JKeifenheim

You can do the pattern with one "curve driven pattern" and suppress the unneeded instances.

Curve driven pattern is done with the Rectangular Pattern tool.

Tip #54 Pg 17

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2007/MA105-1L%20Mather.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
JKeifenheim
in reply to: JDMather

Just realized I never accpeted what you posted as a solution or thanked you, so thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report