Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Insert

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RKCADSERV
468 Views, 4 Replies

Create Insert

Hi All,

I have a mould design issue here that I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me with.

I'm trying to creat a side core on the part as shown below:-

Core Insert.JPG

The core insert is still joined to the main core (at point shown) and when I use the 'Create Insert' tool it fails. I can go ahead and split the join but I thought I'd ask everyone on here first to see if there is a more straight forward way of doing this?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MingweiGao
in reply to: RKCADSERV

Can you share your dataset to me and I can take a close look at it? My mail address is Mingwei.gao(at)autodesk.com

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 5
RKCADSERV
in reply to: MingweiGao

Files sent over to you now. Hopefully they've come through ok.

Thanks,

Rob

Message 4 of 5
MingweiGao

Hi Rob,

I got your dataset and had a look. There is a method to create this insert - You can use “By Shape” method and select the inner faces(including the hole patches), and then you can choose the termination by Distance or Molding as needed. By this way, you need to create a view to show MP part and this will help you select the faces during insert creation.

I also sent you the dataset and a short video to show the details. Hope this helps.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 5 of 5
RKCADSERV

This worked a treat. Many thanks.

Regards,

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report