Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste Problem

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
JohnnyKash
2055 Views, 25 Replies

Copy/Paste Problem

I'm having trouble getting copy/paste to work correctly in the attached file. For some reason it's pasting the sketch lines onto the other side of the disk on the third cloning. Why did it work fine on the first two?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

How is this assignment coming along?

I would have expected daily communication on this, given the due date and how little you had completed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 22 of 26
JohnnyKash

Email notification didn't tell me about your last post.

I got it finished, mostly, yesterday. It's all modeled and put together as an assembly. I need to add the constraints that keep the parts from passing through one another, so it will act like a real mechanism. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Is it possible for me to PM you with the file attached? I don't want someone appropriating it, given how many, many hours I've put into figuring out the correct proportions, angles, etc. of the mechanism. Hardest task I've ever done.   

Message 23 of 26
JohnnyKash
in reply to: JohnnyKash

Is it possible for me to PM the file to you? 

Message 24 of 26
JohnnyKash

See how the parts pass through one another? How do I constrain them so they will behave like real, solid matter and not do that?

[Edit] For some reason the file I attached isn't working. I'll figure it out and post again.

Message 25 of 26
JohnnyKash

Here it is.

[Edit] Well, no, it isn't. What do I need to do to the file so it will upload to here properly?

Message 26 of 26
JDMather
in reply to: JohnnyKash

An assembly file without parts is useless.

Drag the red End of Part marker to the top of the feature tree of any large files.
Save the file with the EOP in a rolled up state.

Right click on the filename and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
Attach the resulting *.zip files here.

Read about Contact Sets.

Read about Dynamic Simulation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report