Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy A Project Question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mcrump28210
221 Views, 1 Reply

Copy A Project Question

Hello,

I create piping systems with valves that each have a unique tag number.  In some cases the systems are dupes and only the tag number changes.  So my goal is to duplicate system A to a new system B directory and change the drawing and model names from A to B, then change the valve tags using design assistant.  Should be easy enough, but no.

When I change the drawing and model names in the new directory to B and open up drawing B, inventor is still looking for model A is directory A.

I have tried a pack-n-go.  I have tried save copy as.  I have tried copying all filed using windows expolrer.   I have deleted the .prj file and created a new one from scratch.  None of these methods work.

Not only that, but when I try to edit one of my drawing views in the Drawing View DB, The file name of the view is grayed out and cannot be edited.  Nor can I add any more views.

Any ideas?

Mike

Michael Crump
AutoCAD 2013
Inventor 2013
Windows Pro 7 x64
Asus Sabertooth X58
Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz
24 GB ram
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: mcrump28210

Probably use Design Assistant to make copies the following video may be clearer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXu5spVKtGE

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report