Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convince me to stick with Inventor

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
brendeho
743 Views, 24 Replies

Convince me to stick with Inventor

I have a new job and the lead engineer doesn't like Inventor. I used to think she was just nit-picky, but after using the software and pushing it's limits - I've come across a number of trivial limitations.

What software will do the job and not break the bank? I'm not holding out with Autodesk product loyalty any longer.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: brendeho

Of course if you have deep pockets you could also try Catia.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 22 of 25
brendeho
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for any help, JD. But I'm not holding my breath from a person as rude as you are.  

Message 23 of 25
schae235
in reply to: brendeho

@brendeho wrote:

Thanks for any help, JD. But I'm not holding my breath from a person as rude as you are.  

He may be rude sometimes but he knows the software better than most resellers (I'd even guess he knows it as well as some of the developers) and he spends a large chunk of his time answering questions we need help with.  Is it too much for him to get disapointed with users who don't give the software an appropriate amount of respect?  Also I think he appreciates users who know the basics and are willing to put some effort into fixing the problem instead of posting on the fourms and expecting someone else to fix thier problem.

Is it the Bandsaws fault if a technician cuts his arm off? Usually not, it's the technician's fault for not giving the machine the approprite amount of respect and learning how to use the machine propperly. 

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
Message 24 of 25
brendeho
in reply to: schae235

I think he took the product loyalty thing personally. I know he's pretty good at what he does. If JD doesn't want to help, that's up to him to either help or not. It's not going to bother me much either way - I'll just continue to tweak at it until it gets done - and I'll even post the response on how I did it to help others.

In the other post, I documented the steps taken and the error messages in question. So the bandsaw analogy is moot. If that's disrespectful, I guess I'll just join another forum where everyone helps out and answers technical questions without the ego.

Message 25 of 25

I just posted what might be the issue with your file in that other thread.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report